The Upstate Artists Guild is a not-for-profit volunteer organization, open to all, which promotes the
appreciation, practice, and enjoyment of art. Our mission is to promote art education and artistic
endeavors throughout the community; to maintain a space in which to meet for the purpose of exhibitions,
lectures, and instruction; and to work with the community to stimulate an interest in the arts.
+Our Window +August 31st, 2015 at 9:47 PM
The UAG thanks Carol Lynch for great front Window.
+First Friday Chalk Art +August 31st, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Starting with the September show, First Friday will include CHALK ART!
+Ninth Annual Mid-Hudson Woodworkers Show +July 29th, 2015 at 9:06 PM
Date: Saturday, October 17, 2015 10:00am To 5:00pm
Location: Hurley Reformed Church
Address: 11 Main St.Hurley, New York 12443
Displays of fine woodworking items, Demonstrations of woodworking techniques, WoodMizer and Logs to Lumber Demonstration, Gifts for the Children, Cars and Planes, Raffle of selected fine woodworking items,
Make a pen
Admission: $3.00 (Children under 12 free) Members of Youth Organizations in uniform admitted free when accompanied by an Adult.
+Machine Music Festival +May 15th, 2015 at 10:10 AM
The UAG and The Machine are proud to announce the upcoming Machine Coop Music Festival, May 22 - 23 (5 - 10 PM).
Additional information is available on the Event Page. We hope to see you there!
+Submit Art for Images of Love Fundraiser +March 9th, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Images of Love is an independent program served by three Capital District rescue groups, The Animal Support Project, The Rensselaer County Humane Society and 11th Hour Canine Rescue, Inc., who have joined together to invite local artists to create portraits of their animals for the purpose of promoting adoptions. All contributions and effort are donated; the recipients are the dogs and cats who find forever homes, and their adoptive companions who learn the meaning of unconditional love. We welcome participation in this heartfelt initiative. All work will be on display during the month of May beginning with the special kick off celebration on May 1, 2015 from 6-8pm at the Hudson River Coffee House on Quail Street
1. This project is open to all local artists and is non-competitive.
2. All artwork must be original.
3. Any medium is welcome. Oils, acrylics, photography, collage, sculpture, etc. but the finished product should represent the beauty and spirit of the animal model.
4. It is incumbent upon the artist to contact one, or more, of the rescue groups cited above, and arrange with them when and how, to visit the animals. Artists are responsible for their own transportation.
3. All submitted artwork becomes the property of Images of Love, and contestants grant to Images of Love non exclusive reproduction and publication rights to the work donated.
4. For more information about how to submit please contact Bonnie Engelman at email@example.com
+Gala Success! +March 9th, 2015 at 9:59 AM
The Gala was a B. I. G. success. The UAG wants to vociferously thank our sponsors, our supporters, our friends, the musicians, the artists, and EVERYONE who came to the Gala for making it such a big success.
Tim Reidy's pictures really highlight the night. Thanks, Tim!
+Off The Record: 'Good Times Roll', Live at the Hanger in Troy NY +February 21st, 2015 at 12:00 AM