The Upstate Artists Guild is a not-for-profit volunteer organization, open to all, which promotes the
appreciation, practice, and enjoyment of art. Our mission is to promote art education and artistic
endeavors throughout the community; to maintain a space in which to meet for the purpose of exhibitions,
lectures, and instruction; and to work with the community to stimulate an interest in the arts.
+Machine Music Festival +May 15th, 2015 at 10:10 AM
The UAG and The Machine are proud to announce the upcoming Machine Coop Music Festival, May 22 - 23 (5 - 10 PM).
Additional information is available on the Event Page. We hope to see you there!
+Submit Art for Images of Love Fundraiser +March 9th, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Images of Love is an independent program served by three Capital District rescue groups, The Animal Support Project, The Rensselaer County Humane Society and 11th Hour Canine Rescue, Inc., who have joined together to invite local artists to create portraits of their animals for the purpose of promoting adoptions. All contributions and effort are donated; the recipients are the dogs and cats who find forever homes, and their adoptive companions who learn the meaning of unconditional love. We welcome participation in this heartfelt initiative. All work will be on display during the month of May beginning with the special kick off celebration on May 1, 2015 from 6-8pm at the Hudson River Coffee House on Quail Street
1. This project is open to all local artists and is non-competitive.
2. All artwork must be original.
3. Any medium is welcome. Oils, acrylics, photography, collage, sculpture, etc. but the finished product should represent the beauty and spirit of the animal model.
4. It is incumbent upon the artist to contact one, or more, of the rescue groups cited above, and arrange with them when and how, to visit the animals. Artists are responsible for their own transportation.
3. All submitted artwork becomes the property of Images of Love, and contestants grant to Images of Love non exclusive reproduction and publication rights to the work donated.
4. For more information about how to submit please contact Bonnie Engelman at email@example.com
+Gala Success! +March 9th, 2015 at 9:59 AM
The Gala was a B. I. G. success. The UAG wants to vociferously thank our sponsors, our supporters, our friends, the musicians, the artists, and EVERYONE who came to the Gala for making it such a big success.
Tim Reidy's pictures really highlight the night. Thanks, Tim!
+Off The Record: 'Good Times Roll', Live at the Hanger in Troy NY +February 21st, 2015 at 12:00 AM
+Buy Your Gala Tickets TODAY +February 6th, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Hurry! Before it is tooooo late! (I've got mine!)
+UAG 2015 Shows +January 3rd, 2015 at 3:55 PM
To artists and beyond!
The UAG is pleased to announce additional information regarding 2015 gallery shows and themes. Watch this space for more information.
Information for the the following shows exists:
+Ironic January Show Announcement +December 17th, 2014 at 10:30 PM
The Upstate Artists Guild must admit it is late posting information about our upcoming show, Wrinkle In Time. Yep. We are late telling all of you about a show all about clocks.
With irony out of the way, it is time to make some art and make it on time! Check you calendar, your clock, just don't ask us for any help. We're just artists. Somebody else needs to keep up with the time. . . . . see here for more information: